I just realized that reddit has been shadowbanning all my comments, not just...

I just realized that reddit has been shadowbanning all my comments, not just posts.
Reply
#
The only reason I noticed is because I made a new account to try to start fresh, posted a comment which appeared posted to me, and then saw that it wasn't visible from the other account.
Reply
#
By the way, I've never posted anything hateful, argumentative, political, trolly, etc. I just got picked up by some automated filter, probably for using a disposable email.
Reply
#
I can't put into words right now how disheartening this is for me about using the entire platform. The whole time everything I've been writing in good faith has been silently censored from being seen by others.
Reply
#
I've probably put hours into trying to help people and share information, and it was all just THROWN THE FUCK AWAY
Reply
#
Fuck reddit. I'm so fucking done with that website. I already have it blocked on my phone, and now I'm logging out of both of my accounts and not even trying to use it again.
Reply
#
I'm ngl, it has some useful content in some communities, but this treatment is just fucked, I don't even have the words.

by guest on · Labels: like · 2 replies

Reply
#

by ilyag on

It's systemwide in every community, and I've already tried reaching out to them, I think they are unlikely to help just because of how big reddit is, they probably will not even see my message or ignore it, since I've already been marked as shadowban-worthy. This is illustrative of how poor larger platforms are, for reasons like low operator:user ratios, and needing to have high contribution moat to lock out spammers and other abusers. for whom a large platform is a very attractive target.
Reply
#

by ilyag on

I've had a bit of a chance to calm down, and now going to continue to use the site in read-only mode, and quote-and-reply on this site instead of contributing to r*ddit
Reply
#